AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Autumn Has Finally Arrived in Texas

(c) Andy Ternay

  • At last it feels like Fall. This is my favorite season. I love the cold mornings and cool evening walks, the leaves falling . . . I feel magickal and romantic in weather like this. It makes my blood flow and my imagination grow. Good times like these were meant to be shared with loved ones.

    I've searched in my heart for the words to describe the warm feelings I get in autumn, but what I come up with is wholly inadequate to the task. Fortunately, other poets have stepped in to fill the void:


    Bonfires burning bright
    Pumpkin faces in the night
    I remember Halloween
    Dead cats hanging from poles
    Little dead are out in droves
    I remember Halloween

    Brown leaved vertigo
    Where skeletal life is known
    I remember Halloween
    This day anything goes
    Burning bodies hang from poles
    I remember Halloween

    Halloween

    Candy apples and razor blades
    Little dead are soon in graves
    I remember halloween
    This day anything goes
    Burning bodies hang from poles
    I remember Halloween

    Halloween
  • The Misfits: Halloween


  • I think I'll ask Laura if she wants to have a picnic in a graveyard . . .
    |