AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, October 24, 2004

El Capitan Is Right . . .

If you want to follow the long discussion start here and read through the comments. You can then go here and read my response. Fair warning, my response is tacky. Matt, my debate partner who goes under the nom de plume of El Capitan (not bad, I got English, French and Spanish into one sentance!) then started his own blog to respond. So his replies can be found here and here.

El Capitan, as usual, has caused me to revisit and rethink my opinion. That is why is it is a good thing he has his own blog now. He makes you think.

There was a time when I would have desecrated a church. There was a time when I destroyed Bibles. I don't do that kind of thing anymore and I don't think that way anymore. I now try to treat Christianity with a respectful reverence, the attitude I would like people to extend to Wicca.

The Oval Office, if I were President, would not be mine. It belongs to the American People. I was tending to think of it as Clinton's office when he was in there . . . but it wasn't really his at all. He was just a tenant, a temporary one, as were all the previous ones. So, yes, Clinton should have chosen another place for his dalliance.

I would still argue that the magnitude and frequency with which Bush uses the office to promote a selfish agenda, often without regard for the truth, dwarfs Clinton's misuse of the office. But it does not make what Clinton did right.

Funny I guess, how perspective colors things.

El Capitan also caught me in serious violation of Rule 62.

If you like my blog, I would recommend El Capitan's Blog because although his politics are different, he will challenge you to think and rethink things. Often, that isn't such a bad idea.

|