AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Amends To Anonymous

(c) Andy Ternay
  • Thelma, the "other woman" in my life.
  • I notice that one of commenters felt that I was attacking them for choosing anonymity. I did not mean to convey hostility . . . I simply wanted to state my philosophy. However, reading it over, damn, it sure sounds hostile and defensive to me.

    I was pretty inconsiderate in the manner that I addressed my remarks. To me when I wrote it, it seemed strong but innocous. To me reading it now, it sounds like an attack on the person who commented.

    Obviously I have strong feelings about this matter. I don't know about courage. I am often afraid that I will say something stupid that will haunt me later. But I wanted to be honest. I also wanted to convey my belief that I am only as sick as my secrets.

    To me, writing is one of the most powerful tools of Magick out there. Take your biggest fear and write it down-put a name to it. Write the reason you are afraid-claim it. Read what you have written-examine it. To this date, there has not been a single fear of mine that has not become manageable through this technique. Writing robs my fears of their powers.

    I think that the things I claim in that way are hard to use against me (although I do think that Karl Rove could find a way).

    Anonymous, this works for me. Try what works for you. We all have different paths, mine may not be for you. I believe I know who you are and I know safety is important to you. Goddess go with you.

    My apologies and Blessings to you.
    |