AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Debt, Samhain and FOUR DAYS

(c) Free Foto
  • Image courtesy of FreeFoto.com. Hello to Autumn! My favorite season!

  • Four Days.

    I will explain that reference in a day or so (actually, since I am going to Witchstock tomorrow, it may be Monday before I get a chance to—patience please!).

    My covenmate Linda’s mother-in-law is dying (may possibly have passed by now) from cancer. She and her husband, Dwight are waiting for news. My prayers are with them and I hope she passes peacefully and soon. The woman has suffered enough. May the Goddess take her.

    Great Goddess, four days, and I can’t get that out of my head. Suddenly I don’t want to go to Witchstock because cell phones don’t work out there.

    I want to think about something else, but that is all that is on my mind.

    Samhain. Mine all mine—I will focus on that ritual. No, I won’t.

    Financial good news!!! Lisa and I are now officially under $7,000 in credit debt!! Yeah! This is a little less than half of what we were under about a year and a half ago. When I sobered up, we were about $17,500 in credit debt. So we are doing good. If things go as planned, by the end of November that will be $6,000 in credit debt and we will close the AT&T card. That will leave us with one credit card to pay off.

    Our down payment for the Prius is finally back where it should be—about $4,300. After my unexpected medical and dental bills it took us four months to get it back where it should be. My goal is to be able to put $5k down on that baby and since they say it will not be here until November, I think that is a doable proposition.

    So Lisa and I are doing well financially. We have been blessed with good luck. I don’t think the Goddess micromanages personal economics, so I don’t think we got special treatment, but I am grateful to Her. Without Her in my life giving me a path to follow, I think it would be difficult.

    After we make the down payment on the Prius, then it is time to build savings back up. My goal is to have three months worth of mortgage payments in savings.

    So, barring unforeseen circumstances, even with me having to put between $1,500-3000 on credit card for my dental work at the start of next year, we should be completely free of credit debt by about this time next year.

    Except for those four days . . . that could change everything. Four days.

    Good Morning Goddess Brigit and thank You for such a glorious morning and the time to spend it with You and my wife. My name is Andy and I am an alcoholic. I have been kept sober since Imbolc 2001 by Your grace and Your grace alone. I’d like to take this moment to thank You, my Higher Power, for my daily reprieve. Today is a good day to be sober.

    Please, Great One, be with me today, all through the day and help me stay sober all day long. Show me your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine, be done. Be welcome in me and to me; body, heart, mind and soul. Thank You, Blessed Be.

    Four days.
    |