AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Conservative Culture Of Life

  • New proposed sign for all border entries into the United States.

  • In an attempt to understand the Conservative "Culture Of Life" our fearless leader babbles on incoherently about, I will be joining the Texas Blogfest at the DFW Shooting Range and learning how guns are an essential part of every free American's existence. Guns form a central part of the protection of Terry Schiavo's life. Guns are an essential learning tool for children. And I will become one with the gun in a truly spiritual sense today.

    I have it on good faith that my friends, the conservative bloggers, have taken up a collection to purchase my unborn daughter a Gun Binky. Apparently these are an indispensable toothing aid for red state children. I can just picture baby Anwen, binky in mouth, foot on trigger. Of course she'd be wearing her red, white and blue onesies.

    I have no fucking clue why I agreed to go shoot weapons with a bunch of wingnuts. Curiousity, peer pressure, a sense of "well, I'll probably never get a chance to do anything like this again", who knows? All I know is I am deeply regretting my decision and wishing I had opted to stay home, hugging my wife, hands on her tummy to feel the faint stirrings of my beloved daughter.

    In some ways, even holding a gun feels like a violation of my religious faith.

    Well, I'm off. Wish me better luck with guns this time than the last. The last time I fired a gun, I shot myself in the right hand. I still have no feeling in my right thumb because of this. Jesus. You think I'd learn.
    |