AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

THANK YOU

A big thank you to whoever posted this link to AA Live Chat Online Meeting Directory: Alcoholics Anonymous Web Meetings Guide in my comments section. You have done your 12th step work today! I very much appreciate it.

My 12th Step work is usually done in writing. I participate in the corrections correspondence program where you correspond with an AA member behind bars. It has been a blessing in terms of keeping me sober and I hope I have been of service to my pen pals.

Despite my online exhibitionism, I have a great deal of difficulty approaching newcomers at meetings. I am actually a very shy person (kilt notwithstanding). I try to be very honest and open with what I share during meetings and that is hard sometimes.

I may well start trying some online meetings and see what happens. It may be a way for me to really expand my opportunities.

Thank you again!
|