AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Mountains And Spiritual Shit

(c) Free Foto
  • Image courtesy of FreeFoto.com

  • That is where I belong. In the mountains somewhere. Not in Texas. Flying to California, I was able to see the mountains all the way from New Mexico, through Arizona to California before landing. I took the time to thank the Goddess for the sight because for a brief few minutes it renewed my spirits like a shower can renew my physical self. On the way back to Texas we took a slightly different flight path and I saw the Sierra Nevadas, the four corners area of Colorado, New Mexico and then, much to my dismay, Texas.

    There are many beautiful things in Texas. None move my heart the way mountians do.

    One dream I have is to own a few acres in the moutians somewhere, say fifty acres or so. I would work to create native plant gardens and areas friendly to animals on the land. If things worked out I would try to operate a spiritual retreat there. This would not be oriented toward Pagans so much as it would be oriented to those who walk a nature based path. That would include some Buddhists and Christians. I would love to host Muslims as well - their faith has a nascent environmentalist movement.

    Anyway, that is my stupid fantasy which, like my other dreams, won't happen. I'll live on the flatlands and struggle to get by, day by day. So screw it.
    |