AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Back to Basics

(c) Andy Ternay
Okay, I am ready to go back to bed.

I'm just too tired from lack of sleep to really think straight right now. Why am I so sleepy? I did not get to bed until later than usual, so instead of four hours of sleep I am going on three. Even for me that is too little. I realy pushed myself last night.

I think that this blog has lost some of its spiritual focus and if that is really the case, then that means I have lost some of my spiritual focus. A lot of that stems from the roadblock I am at in terms of the steps. I have not been able to coordinate with my sponsor, Nici, a regular meeting time where we can really start working the steps, one at a time. Both of us have pretty booked schedules, so it is difficult.

Difficult or not, I need to do that if I want to stay sober. That is really the bottom line.

I would like my child to never, ever see dad drunk. The only way to make that happen that I know of, the only way that has worked for me is to work the program of Alcoholics Anonymous one day at a time, the best I can. This will not keep me sober forever. But it will keep me sober today. When today becomes yesterday it will keep me sober for the new today, provided I work it.

I will leave it at that for today.

Good Morning Goddess Brigit, my name is Andy, I am an alcoholic. I have been kept sober for three and three quarters years by Your grace and Your grace alone. I'd like to take this moment to thank You, my Higher Power, for this my daily reprieve. Today is a good day to be sober.

Please be with me today, all through the day and help me stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine, be done. Thank You. Blessed Be.
|