AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Removing A Link

Well, I had reservations about posting Live Sensibly With Alcohol - Exploring pragmatic solutions to drinking problems: Abstinence, moderation, and harm reduction as a permanant link in the sidebar. I am an alcoholic and I try to live the program of Alcoholics Anonymous in order to avoid drinking. But, I am not opposed to alcohol. I enjoy being with friends and if they drink it does not bother me (although I am baffled when they say "that's enough" after two glasses of wine). Nor do I think AA has a monopoly on recovery. Other things work for other drunks.

That is why I decided to post that link. That and the fact that the guy who writes that blog seemed very thoughtful, insightful and sincere.

I noticed he had not updated in a while. I wrote him and have not heard back.

Sadly, I suspect I know why. I hope I am wrong.

Bose, Goddess go with you.
|