AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Lists

(c) Andy Ternay
  • Not a good photo.

  • Things I Give Thanks For
    1. I'm sober today
    2. The Goddess; my relationship to Her
    3. My wife, Laura
    4. Our unborn child
    5. My sponsor, Nici
    6. My pets, Zoey, Buzz, Thelma, the assorted fish, and Smokey
    7. TotemGrove, my coven
    8. My wider circle of friends from high school, college, AA, this blog and beyond
    9. The beautiful world we live in; nature all around us
    10. Our relative financial security
    11. Kilts! Gotta have kilts up here.
    12. Prius
    13. Happy people. You know, when you see a child waiting in an airport and their whole face lights up when the person they are waiting for exits the plane? When you catch teenagers holding hands and just glowing (and you're saying to yourself, dude, you're gonna score). Actually the best is seeing an older couple holding hands and just glowing--that is cool.
    14. I'm writing again.
    15. I'm healthy (this should be higher on the list)
    16. Did I mention that I was sober?

    Prayers
    Great Mother, I ask these things of you. I know that some of these are selfish prayers, but they are honest prayers and I offer them up to You. May Your will be done.
    1. Healthy child
    2. More time with Jim
    3. My friend Charlie, that he not need another back surgery
    4. Healing in and with my family; that I may be the best son I can and that they may heal and accept my family.
    5. Our soldiers around the world, may they be safe. Goddess, hold them in the palm of Your hand.
    6. All the people in my coven, the families who are hurting, those who have undergone surgery for healing.
    7. More love in the world.

    Anyone who reads this, take a moment and today and do something kind and thoughtful for someone else. Don't tell them you did it, just do it. It won't hurt and just might make this world a better place to live in.

    Special thank you to Rebecca; I don't often hear that I have a nice butt, so your compliment made me glow all day. Laura was a little ticked, not at you, she wanted to know why I don't believe her when she says I have a nice ass. Laura, for the same reason you don't believe me when I tell you that you look good.

    Happy Thanksgiving all ya'll!

    |