AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Back With My Wife & Family

(c) Andy Ternay
I'm home. It is a good feeling. When Laura hugged me last night everything was all right. You know that feeling? Secure, safe, loved, wanted. Hard to beat that.

I am so grateful to the goddess right now, I feel goofy. Honestly, I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful life. How did I get to be here? I really don't know. I'm glad to be here, I'm glad to be alive today. If this is everything, then it is enough.

The wonder of it all is that it is not everything. The world is a crisp October cool and the dogs are playing like puppies. The sun is shining. My heart is filled with inexplicable optimism and hope.

I miss Robbie and Amber today, I wish I could bring them home to meet Laura (she met Robbie once, eleven years ago). Even so, I missed Laura and being home is the best thing there is.

Good Morning Goddess Brigit, this is Andy the alcoholic. I have had Your grace and the gift of sobriety since Imbolc of 2001 and that overwhelms me. You are the how and the why of my staying sober one day at a time. Today is a good day to be SOBER.

Please, Great Mother, be with me today, all through the day and help me to stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine be done. Thank You, Blessed Be!!
|