AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

No Baby Yet.

5/16/05 5:30pm they start prostoglandin on Laura.
5/16/05 10:00~10:30pm contractions start.
5/17/05 5:30am they start Laura on ptosin.
5/17/05 Noon Laura is on 16mg/hr of ptosin. Dialated to 5cm. No pain medication.
5/17/05 6:30pm Still only 5cm. Contractions reading off the chart. ptosin down to 12mg/hr. Laura agrees to Stadol(sp?) to take the edge off the pain.
5/17/05 7:15pm Still only 5cm. Laura agrees to epidural. Epidural administered. Dr. comments that it took a record amount of local anasthetic to dull Laura's back.
5/17/05 7:30pm Andy runs home to feed dogs and blog. Laura is out of pain and nothing will happen for the next hour. I am going to eat a quick PB&J sandwhich.

Laura is depressed and disappointed that she needed pain meds and an epidural. I think she feels that she has somehow failed by not being able to go without medications. Goddess is my witness, my wife is a warrior. She has not complained about the pain, just squeezes my hand. She had not gotten upset with me, the nurses or the physicians. She keeps apologizing for being an inconvenience. Please leave postive feedback telling her she has not failed, that she is strong and wonderful.

They are talking about a C-section. I pray not.

I'm going back right now.
|