AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

What Happens When Bush Does Not Concede?

(c) Andy Ternay
  • Okay all you witchy and astronomy people . . . tonight there is a full eclipse of the moon. If I recall correctly it starts at 7pm EST. Should be very cool to watch. Double check the time, my memory is not that good. I bet your local paper will have info on it. Here is wishing everyone clear skies tonight.

    I never thought I would say this, but a big thank you goes out to Eminem for his song and video, Mosh. It is a virulently anti-Bush screed that functions as a nice little GOTV aid for the younger generation. If it motivates anyone to vote, then it was a worthwhile exercise. You can view the video here. Emeinem is an interesting character to me, I really want to dislike him, but he grows on me like a foot fungus.

    So, what happens if next Tuesday we all vote, Kerry wins and Bush won’t concede? Karl Rove has a long history of not conceding after losing. Actually Karl Rove has a history of winning after losing. What am I talking about? There was a race for the Alabama Supreme Court that Rove ran the campaign for the Republican candidate. They lost. Rove took it to court, the whole time campaigning as though it was still before the elections. Rove succeeded. His guy was appointed to the court.

    Does that sound familiar?

    Again, what happens if Kerry wins and Bush does not concede?

    I do not believe this is an idle speculation based on an unlikely possibility. In fact, I think there is a decent chance of this happening. We can count on Bush and Rove to put their personal welfare over that of the nation, that is beyond dispute.

    I don’t think Bush can win legitimately. That’s why the Republican party has taken to breaking election laws wholesale. The BBC is the most recent to catch them at it. Don’t count on the American press covering any of it. They are beholden to their corporate masters. In fact, the meme I’m picking up from the American press is that the Democrats are willing to go to any length to win and are breaking election laws to do so. This meme originates from GOP headquarters. They are laying the groundwork to steal this one as well.

    What is laughable is this: we have worked our asses off to get voters registered and now we are working like hell to get them to the polls. That is a legitimate thing to do. The GOP is the party that is paying people to challenge voters to slow lines in hopes people will give up and leave. The GOP is the party trying to disenfranchise voters. The GOP is the one hiring private detectives to photgraph and video voters in hopes of intimidating them.

    So what do we do when Kerry wins and Bush will not concede?

    It’s worth thinking about, especially since we already know how five out of nine on the Supreme Court will vote. Who does Bush have to defend his illegitimate reign since he has sent so many of the national guard overseas?

    Go watch that Eminem video. We can win this thing at the polls. We can win this thing in the hearts and minds of Americans. And it won’t be our side who starts shooting.

    Good Morning Goddess Brigit, my name is Andy and I am a drunk. I have been kept sober since Imbolc 2001 by Your grace and Your grace alone. I’d like to take this moment to thank You, my Higher Power for this daily reprieve. Today is a good day to be sober.

    Please be with me today, all through the day and help me to stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine be done. Be welcome in me and to me, body, heart, mind and soul. Thank You, Great One. Blessed Be.
    |