AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Kilts and Travel

(c) Andy Ternay

  • I finally did it . . . ordered my own kilt, a full blown traditional Scottish Kilt. I chose the national millenium tartan after months of indecisiveness. This may well be the single most expensive piece of clothing I ever purchase, so I am glad I took my time. I think it will look good. I should know in about two to three months. If it is like the Prius, I will know in about a year. Hopefully the Scottish kiltmakers are not as far backed up as Toyota is.

    Four forty a.m. is an obscenely early time to travel, especially when the thing you are rushing for is not going to happen according to plan. I had planned to arrive in Chicago at 9:00am so that we could go straight to the trade show, set up the booth and have time to deal with any emergencies (broken booth pieces, missing equipment, etc.). However, the preferred courier for the show, Yellow Freight, has managed to miss some sort of transfer. Originally Yellow was planning on delivering the booth two days late, Friday October 8th between 9:00am and noon.

    The trade show opens Friday, October 8th at 9:00am.

    That would have been bad. Very bad. I was all for putting up a large sign saying Due to the incompetence of Yellow Freight ______ Pet Products will not have a display for the Backer 2004 Christmas Trade Show. However, a very energetic lady in our office made it her business to call every employee of Yellow Freight personally to register her displeasure.

    The booth will arrive today at some point. Thank you, Teresa.

    I need to get rolling now so that I can be at the airport in time for my flight. Goddess go with you all, and if She is willing, I will post from the show.

    Good Morning Goddess Brigit, my name is Andy, I am an alcoholic. I have been kept sober since 2/2/01 by Your grace and Your grace alone. I'd like to take this moment to thank You, my Higher Power, for this daily reprieve. Today is a good day to be SOBER.

    Goddess, please be with me today, all through the day and help me to stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine be done. Be welcome in me and to me; body, heart, mind and soul. Thank You. Blessed Be.
    |