AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My Wife

(c) Andy Ternay
  • Our Handfasting, October 25th, 2003. We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on that October 30th. I was honored that she agreed to the handfasting as a vow renewal.
  • I think that when I married "Lisa", I was a terribly immature young man. I don't know what she saw in me-when I ask she simply says I was charming-but I am glad she saw it.

    Lisa had the patience and love to stay with me and watch me grow up. I am not someone she needs to caretake for anymore. She too has changed, adjusting to having an adult partner in her life, rather than a drunken adolescent. These changes have been good for each of us as individuals and have been a healing blessing to the marriage.

    We have this one photo, taken in Colorado, where she has her head on my shoulder with her eyes closed and a dreamy smile on her face. That is my favorite picture of her because that is the shy, content smile she gets when she feels she is loved. That smile tells me when I am being a good husband, partner and/or friend.

    There are so many things I want to say about my wife and all of them are hard to say. I just know that I will miss her when I am at the trade show these next six days.

    She is going to be the mother of my child now, and that is overwhelming. I can't think of anyone else I would rather have by my side as we embark upon this adventure.

    Goddess, of all those gifts you have given me, I treasure most of all my Laura and the sobriety that gave me this appreciation of her. I thank You. Blessed Be.
    |