AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Night of the Living Christians

(c) Andy Ternay

  • Okay, in horror movies people die and return from the dead. Then they go around attacking the living in order to turn them into dead people who then rise and attack the living. These risen dead remain obsessively fixated upon attacking the living, no matter what, and turning them into horrifying zombies who will repeat the process.

    Now, is it just me or do you think that Evangelical Christianity works the same way? You take a "normal" living person. They are "born again" (die and rise from the dead?) with a single purpose to their lives: to attack those who are like what they used to be like in order to convert them into the same thing.

    Kinda creepy isn't it? Especially when you think that their leader must be King of the Zombies, since he was the first to return from the dead? Actually I guess Lazerus gets that honor. Maybe Lazerous is like the ominous warning of what is to come.

    Now, let me be clear here: I am not recommending that anyone start shooting Christians in the head for any reason. Just invite them to a good Beltane festival with lots of comely lasses or lads (depending on the gender or orientation of your target).

    Okay, I just reread this post and I have concluded that I need to speak with either my sponsor or my therapist, maybe both.

    Good Morning Goddess Brigit, it's Andy, one of Your alcoholic kids. I'm stopping to say thank You for my sobriety all day yesterday and to ask You to help keep me sober today. Thank You Goddess. Blessed Be!
    |