AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Friday, September 10, 2004

New Attitude For The Day

I am struggling with depression today. I am very upset and alarmed at the way this election is turning out.

In Alcoholics Anonymous I have learned that it is a spiritual axiom that whenever I am disturbed, whatever the cause, there is something wrong with me. So I need to look at me and my attitudes and see where I am hurting myself.

Lets start with the serenity prayer: Goddess, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Ok, I think I see part of the problem right here.

I am powerless over the media. I am powerless over the Republican party. Hell, I am even powerless over the Kerry campaign. Why am I worried about these people and institutions? I am not responsible for them. So I don’t need to sweat it or worry. It is out of my hands.

Goddess, I hereby let go of these things I cannot control. Please take them from me, that I may have a more serene day. I thank You.

Back to the serenity prayer: The courage to change the things I can.

I am registering a coworker to vote. I am sending money to the campaigns I support. Tonight I go to register Pagans to vote. These are the things I can do. I can be of service to those around me. I can have a positive attitude.

And the wisdom to know the difference.

I have to trust and believe that She is with us, that She will make the difference, and She is the difference.

Okay, it is in better hands than mine. Time to restart and reset my day.
|