AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Against All Odds--I'm Filled With Optimism--Thank You Rebecca!

(c) Andy Ternay
  • Me wearing a Utilikilt on top of Elk Mountain in the Wichita Mountains of Oklahoma.

  • Today I woke up depressed and I wrote a long, long very negative blog entry. It was not even noon and Lisa was telling me to relax, the world had not ended. I was less than convinced.

    My big blog entry focused on the fact that the American dream is not a realistic goal for the lower and middle class anymore and that corporations are destroying this nation with the complicity of the government.

    I still think that what I wrote is essentially correct. But complaining about it changes nothing. AA teaches me that the best solution when I am down is to get out of myself and help someone else. So I had wrote to Betwixt and Between, a local Pagan community center and offered to register voters since I am now a deputy registrar. They said yes, so next Friday night I will be wearing a kilt and registering Pagans to vote!

    Someone will be there on Pagan Pride Day, September 25th, to register voters, but it won't be me. I will be at Witchstock!

    I am also asking the organizers of Witchstock if I can set up a table and register voters there. I hope the will let me do so. I would love to get a bunch of Pagans registered statewide.

    How to handle situational depression: Don't focus on the problems, focus on the solutions and look for ways to help others.

    Special thanks go to Rebecca M. for her comments on my deeper relationships post. She probably does not know it yet, but this is service work. I share my experience, strength and hope and unknowingly help her. She shares her experience, stregnth and hope right back and helps me when I am down. Goddess, be with her, and with the people in Florida and Russia.

    Solutions! That is the focus!
    |