AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Monday, May 23, 2005

Why Exactly

am I still sober if this is what life is going to be like for the foreseeable future? The Spartans had a good idea. They left the baby out overnight and if it was still alive in the morning they judged it fit to raise as a Spartan. With my luck, the kid would make it.

I guess Laura is going through the baby blues. She is doubting herself and questioning everything she does. That's okay, I can handle that. I'm good at being supportive and lying to make others feel better. In fact, that is what I get paid to do. I'm not so good doing this with myself.

For decades I said I never, ever wanted to have children because I was entirely too selfish. Now I am learning that I was right. I am too selfish. I'm looking down at this eight pound baby and just hating her for interrupting my life. All she wants is food, sleep and diaper changes and I just hate her for it.

I think that the Goddess must turn Her back on people like me. We are too selfish and self-absorbed to give of ourselves for others.
|