AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Doing Much Better Today, Thank You.

I'm working on more photos. I simply have not had time to make the laptop and the desktop communicate and share photo libraries.

I am almost embarrassed by last night's post, but when I started I promised myself I would be honest when I blogged and I pretty much have been. And that is how I honestly felt last night, angry, resentful, selfish and childish. After five hours of uninterrupted sleep, I feel much, much better about the whole daddy thing. In fact, I started to feel better last night after helping Laura sponge bathe Anwen. Laura might be very surprised when she reads these entries. I have been projecting a face of utter confidence to her throughout.

The other thing that helps is that I stopped to pause and pray. That always helps. I kind of have this vision of the Goddess chuckling gently and whispering: and you don't think I haven't had those thoughts about you humans too? And yet I love all of you with a bottomless love that has no name. Keep going Andy, one day at a time and remember: I am always with you. If you are alone and overwhelmed, you can always call upon me. I love you my child; reflect my love upon your daughter and you will do well.

I could use a meeting. The last one I went to was about a week before Laura went in. That is the longest I have been in sobriety without a meeting. Time to change that.

There is also one more tool I have to deal with my frustrations. No matter what happens, no matter how much Anwen cries, not matter what else:

I can always blame the Republicans.

I feel better already.
|