AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Friday, April 22, 2005

Camping

  • Buffalo in the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge.
  • I will be missing posting this Sunday and Monday because I am going camping. My coven is finally going to go and scatter the ashes of our friend Jim, exactly as he askied us to do. That is to say, from the top of Elk Mountain in the Wichita National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma. It's about time; we've been trying to get this planned and together for, oh, four months now.

    Niether of Jim's kids will be there and that does upset me in a sense. On the other hand, one is a Mom with a new baby and the other is trying to buy a vehicle. Still, they will be missed. I'm glad I met the both of them. They are very nice people.

    This trip is very important to me in that I have not really been out in nature since Witchstock. For me as a Witch, that is very bad. My sprirituality is deepely connected to the natural world and that is where I go to feel renewed and refreshed. That's where I plug in, for lack of a better term, to Divinity.

    I'm a little worried about hurting feelings. I plan to set my tent up a little bit away from coven. It's not because I am avoiding them; I just want a little space before the child arrives.

    Laura is not going with us and that is a real shame. She's just too far along in her pregnancy to be comfortable in the car for that long. Also we would be several hours away from the nearest hospital that takes our insurance. Laura, like me, recharges in nature so I really wish she could come. That and I will miss her. On the other hand, if my wife is not there, that means my girlfriend can come, so it's not all bad.

    I'll post again tomorrow before I take off.
    |