AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Monday, March 28, 2005

More Schiavo: Skip This If You Are Overdosed

  • But for my allergies this would be beautiful.

  • I hate that I even thought this, but I am glad Terry Schiavo did not die on Easter. They symbolism would have encouraged the lunatic fringe. I am also glad that white supremacist Hal Turner did not show up to promote violence (at least not yet). You'll note that I did not say commit violence. I specifically said promote violence. Long ago I studied the white supremacist movement and did an honors thesis on it in college. There is a stratification in the white supremacist movement and Hal Turner is not the kind of guy who gets his hands dirty with actual violence. He is a coward without the courage of his convictions. Instead he winds up others and gets them to do his dirty work.

    The shame of people like Hal Turner is that they usually get away with it. They incite others to violence and step aside to watch the mayhem they have caused. The thug who commits the violence goes to prison and Hal Turner goes about cultivating another one. There is a word for people like that: evil.

    Outrage of the weekend: a woman who was unable to be at her grandfather's side when he died because the "pro-life" Schiavo protesters and the security needed to keep these protestors in line delayed her entering the hospice. By the time she got in, her grandfather was dead.

    Those protesters will never be able to give those moments back to that woman.

    Speaking of this, nobody answered my question from the other day: why are Christians fighting so hard to keep Schiavo alive in the condition she is in when they know that after she dies she will be welcomed by her Jesus into the realm of her God? Isn't that a good thing? Isn't that the ultimate goal: reunion with the Creator? So why not let her go? Again, you have my promise, this is not a political gotcha question or a trap. It is something I truly don't understand and wanted some feedback on.

    Off topic note: I'm not sure what is going on, but as of three days ago my hits have skyrocketed. The blogfest was part of it, but not all of it. I did some searching and I am getting some serious linkage on recovery websites and liberal websites. I'm not sure what prompted it, but thank you.

    Now, a question of blog etiquette: am I obligated to link back? Hmm. Must research this.
    |