AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Thursday, March 31, 2005

ePluribus Media

Well this is surely going to be an awkward fundraising pitch. Oh, not for me, it's for ePluribus Media. The obvious question is: what is ePluribus Media? And that, my friends, is hard to say at this point.

One of the things I have noticed conservatives and liberals seem to agree on completely: our Corporate Mainstream Media has completely failed to effectively serve the public. News coverage is a joke; ideological bias aside, there is no real "news" out there. It is essentially yellow journalism similar to that at the turn of the last century: celebrity scandals overblown "shock" stories, etc.

ePluribus Media is a collection of individuals who post on Daily Kos who have become crack researchers and excellent writers. They are trying to create an organization of amateur journalists as and antidote to Corporate Mainstream Media. I won't lie, these folks are screaming liberals. I find them to be conservative compared to me, but then again, I think Howard Dean is too conservative. So, will the conservative readers of this blog like the work of ePluribus Media? I don't know. Probably somewhat, insofar as they help the Corporate Mainstream Media cover real news, but you probably won't like the focus of their work. So there is my honest disclaimer.

Anyway, I have been impressed with their work thus far, you can read a small sample here. I do mean a small sample. They have done so much more, but this gives you a taste. If you feel that this is worthy, click the link on the right, under the sidebar and please donate. I think their current goals are to raise $10 from 4,000 people.

Okay, enough about other people. Other people are boring! To read about me keep scrolling down to the next post. You won't regret it. I reveal the secret origins of anger. Blessings to all.
|