AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Friday, February 18, 2005

Laura The Betrayer: Evil Has No Boundries

  • Is this the end of the marriage?

  • My wife has betrayed me. There are no words to describe the hollow feelings of horror, depression and abandonment that I feel. How could she do this to me? Was she simply so thoughtless that I did not even cross her mind?

    And what about our unborn daughter? What happens to her now? I hate to even think this, but after what happened yesterday, can I even trust that she is my daughter?

    As is common with these types of sordid things, it started with her coworkers. She works with all men pretty much in her department. I knew that having her alone with all those young, short, geeky guys was not a good idea. Sure enough, they finally seduced her.

    I came home last night and caught her red-handed, right in the act. I wish it were only something as simple and distasteful as an affair. But it is much worse and strikes at the very foundations of the marriage.

    She brought home a Dell PC.

    Couldn't she have simply slept around? Embezzled money? Volunteered for the Bush campaign? I could forgive any of the above. But to bring home a... a... Windows machine...

    There are no words to describe the horror and disappointment. It is sitting on the same desk as my humble iMac G3. My God, they share the same ethernet connection to the internet!!

    Years ago my parents warned me about her. They said Laura was an opportunist who was going to drag me down. I have not forgiven them their cruelty to my beloved wife. But never, ever, even at their worst, did they suggest she would want a different operating system! They had the decency to understand that was beyond the pale.

    But no more.

    My wife: Laura The Betrayer.

    I'm sorry, I'm just too upset to blog anymore. I am going to try to not drink, although every time I see that beige tower I think of vodka. Goddess help me.
    |