AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Four Years.

  • I really like this picture of Brigit's flame being tended by a fellow member of Ord Brihideach

  • Today I have been kept sober for four years. So, to celebrate I am going to a strip club and drinking body shots off of Amber and Tiffani.

    Obviously I am kidding. Today is a religious holiday for me, one of the eight major sabbats of the year. Sadly, I am unable to take today off, even though it is Imbolc. One of our clients, who represents about 1/4 of the pet divisions' annual income, is in town and I will be meeting with him all day long. He is a nice guy, in his seventies and very interesting.

    Hey! Maybe he would want to do body shots off of strippers!

    Clearly I woke up with one thing on my mind today: my spriritual devotions to the Great Mother. I find my mind stripped, er, cleared of all worldly, material concerns. Today I am operating on a higher plane, not occupied with the tawdry, mundane things such as pole dancing.

    Okay, I give up. I woke up with my mind in the gutter and apparently it has decided it likes it there and is going to stay right there. So, all I can say is I give up.

    It is not to late to call or email your senators and let them know that you do not support the nomination of Abu Gonzalez to the post of Attorney General. It is a sad day for America that our top law enforcement official will be a man who advocates undermining the rule of law and believes the President is above the rule of law.

    One humorous aspect to this macabre joke of a nomination is seeing 'publicans play the race card. Usually that is something you see the Democratic side playing. What can I say? For years the 'publicans have said we shoud judge a man by his record, not his race as they have worked to upend Democratic appointees. Well, we do exactly as they suggest and judge the man by his record and not his race and they run around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off screaming that we are racist. It is a sad spectacle.

    Note to Orrin Hatch: if you really are friends with Hispanics, they'll know it by the actions you take, not by how loudly you assert your friendship.

    Four years without a drink. Wow. I did not do that on my own.

    Good Morning Goddess Brigit, my name is Andy and I am an Alcoholic. I have been kept sober by Your grace and Your grace alone since Imbolc of 2001. I'd like to take this moment to thank You, my Higher Power for this daily reprieve. Today is a good day to be sober.

    Please, Goddess, be with me today, all through the day and help me stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine be done. Be welcome in me and to me: body, heart, mind and soul. Thank You, Blessed Be!
    |