AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Perils Of Stripper Names

  • My wife attributes my virility to the wearing of the kilts. Ladies, beware of men in skirts!

  • Thank you for your votes for baby names! I rather thought I had it solved when one of the comments said they liked Tiana and Amara. I thought she's got a point? Why choose? Why not use both? So I ran to tell my wife about my ephiphany. Laura listened patiently than repeated back to me: Tiana Amara Ruth Turner? I will not have a daughter who's initials spell TART!

    We have also ruled out Fiona Amara Ruth Turner for similar reasons.

    It looks like Adain, Amara, and Tiana are the favorites so they will advance to the next round.

    I must have a knack for stripper names. Before any voting took place on the blog, the coven met and vetoed Amber as being a stripper name. Now El Capitan tells me that Tiana and Tatiana are stripper names. It is clear to me that I obviously have no clue about the warning signs for stripper names. So I am thinking that at least once a week until the child is born I will need to go to a strip club to do some research. Being an non-drinker, this will be quite a sacrifice for me, but I am willing to do it. My goal will be to spend some one-on-one time with each dancer so that I can get to know their name. I understand these women are at work and need to earn money, so I plan on getting lap dances so they don't get in trouble with their bosses for lounging around.

    One of the things we are told to do as part of being in a 12 Step program is to do something nice for someone else without feeling a need to tell them about it. In keeping with the spirit of that ideal, I won't mention to my wife that I have undertaken this burden of parenting. That should make my sponsor happy.

    I was warned that being a parent would entail some sacrifices, so I'd probably better get used to making them now!

    Blessings to all!
    |