AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tending The Flame

(c) Andy Ternay

  • Good Morning Goddess Brigit, my name is Andy and I am an alcoholic. I have been kept sober since Imbolc 2001 by Your grace and Your grace alone. I'd like to take this moment to thank you for this, my daily reprieve. Today is a good day to be sober.

    Please be with me today, all throught the day and help me to stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine be done. Be welcome in me and to me; body, heart, mind and soul.

    Thank You, Blessed Be.

    Yesterday evening I lit the candle so that I could tend to Brigit's flame. It was my first shift as a member of Ord Brighideach. The candle is sitting on the desk beside me glowing with a merry light.

    I am simply filled with an invincible optimism today. It is amazing that my first shift as a flamekeeper would be on Election day. So, I invite you to join me today in being a keeper of the flame - in this case, the democratic process of America. Help keep the flame alive and VOTE. If you have already voted, see if someone you know needs a ride to the polls. Tend that fire. If we don't, it will go out.

    Goddess bless us all, our soldiers and our nation.

    Now, to work for the democracy that has worked for me for so many years. It's not perfect, but I'd still like to be able to see my child inherit it.

    Thank You, Great Lady, You are the reason it all happens.

    |