AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Calling Them What They Are

You know, I have never been a big fan of political correctness myself. So, I think Josh Marshall has a great idea in November 10th entry that starts: And more from Mullah Dobson. His suggestion is that when religious fundamentalists (extremists really) are mentioned they be called what they are. So instead of Reverend Pat Robertson it would be radical cleric Pat Robertson. I like this idea very much. I often hear right wing pundits say things like: "John Kerry is a liberal extremist, on the fringes of his party really." That clearly is not the case, but like any other lie, repeated often enough it becomes true.

I am going to have to remember to do this in all of my writings and in casual conversation.
|