AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Saturday, August 14, 2004

I Am An American Patriot-That's Why George Bush Must Go



My New Year’s resolutions included a very simple straightforward one: do one thing each and every day to defeat George W. Bush on Nov. 2nd. Unlike some of my other resolutions, I have done my best to keep this one. Every week we have sent money to the Kerry campaign (at the start of the year it was General Wesley Clark’s campaign). Even when we did not have money to send, I sent money to the Kerry campaign. We have gone to meet-ups, I have written letters to the editor, I have voted for Moveon.org ads.

Now it is time to sweat. Lisa and I are going to Martin Frost campaign to help distribute yard signs.

Kerry will not win in Dallas, so the best we can do is to try and get Martin Frost reelected to congress. Kerry will get large percentages of Martin Frost voters so they are important anyway. Besides which, Martin Frost is one of the five Texas democrats whose districts were targeted for elimination by Tom “The Hammer” DeLay’s shameful redistricting schemes. Only it does not look like Frost is going to roll over and play dead like he is supposed to. Instead, Frost has gone head to head with Pete Sessions.

The race is too close to call.

I anticipate doing stuff from now until November for Martin Frost.

For those of you who are wondering why I am putting so much emphasis on politics in a spiritual, religious, and recovery oriented blog (where you probably did not expect to read stuff like this) let me explain. I love my country. I believe that I owe my country for all the opportunities it has offered me. I believe that my nation is in grave danger—not from Al-Queda, but instead, from fanatical, overzealous Republicans. I sincerely think that the administration of George W. Bush constitutes a threat to the United States of America. My amends to my nation is to work like hell to get that unelected liar out of the office of the president; an office which he stole from Al Gore and the majority of the American people who voted for Al Gore.

I think George W. Bush is a traitor to this nation. He took an oath of office to protect and uphold the Constitution and that filthy little liar broke that oath by taking office because he was never elected. George W. Bush is an incompetent because he ignored the warnings that might have stopped 9-11 from happening. He lied to us about weapons of mass destruction and that has led to the death of almost a thousand US soldiers, I don’t know how many UK soldiers and over thirty thousand Iraqis. He exposed CIA agent Valerie Plame to retaliate against her husband who spoke out against the war.

I love my country. That’s why it is so important to me to get John Kerry elected president of the United States of America.
|