AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Calling All Weather Witches Out There...

and anyone else who wants to add energy into this effort.

This coming weekend I was really looking forward to going to Witchstock, a three day Pagan celebration of the Autumn Equinox. Not only is this one of the eight major Sabbats that Wiccan celebrate each year, it would also be a first time camping for my wife and my daughter. I really wanted some time off from the rat race, a chance to connect to Her in nature, that warm sense of community that I got the last year at Witchstock.

That may not be happening though... it looks like the Goddess may have other plans in the form of an itty bitty weather disturbance called Hurricane Rita. Witchstock is held in Central Texas and that is the projected path for Hurricane Rita.

  • This is where I am supposed to be going.


  • Taken from the National Hurricane Center's website at 11pm CST 8/20/05 showing the projected path of Hurricane Rita.


  • Now, let me be very clear about this; my concerns - missing a weekend of camping - are insignificant compared to the concerns for Corpus Christie, Galveston and Houston who will be nailed hard by this storm. I pray that the storm loses organization before it hits shore although the experts say that is about as likely as pigs flying. The refugees from Katrina are being bused from Houston to Arkansas so you really have to feel for them, fleeing hurricane number 2. Our focus, our efforts and our prayers should be for those in the path of the hurricane.

    But if after all is said and done, I would selfishly like a weekend of community in nature with my wife and daughter.
    |