AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mom's Visit Went Well

It was pretty much completely uneventful. Both she and Laura were not only civil, but actually quite pleasant to each other. It was a little eerie to observe, especially after a decade and a half of my mother expressing her dislike of Laura quite bluntly. All I can deduce is that both my mother and Laura have come to the conclusion that it serves nobody's interests to have a Anwen raised with out a grandmother (or Nana as my mother prefers).

To me that is a great relief.

So we had a calm, boring visit. The best possible kind of visit. My mother appeared to truly adore Anwen and that was a good feeling as well. Me? I am okay. Simply grateful that it went well.

Two weeks is Witchstock, the Mabon gathering at the Circle Star Ranch in central Texas. Three days camping in nature. I can't wait; I really need some time away from the city.

My apologies for not visiting your blogs in the past few days. You'll see why soon.

Eight days and counting.
|