AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Good News, Bad News

  • I don't know what they are planning, but there is no question that they have mischief on their minds!

  • We've all had our share of bad news this past week; that is not surprising given current events. Overlooked in all of this is some remarkably good news - for the most part we do still see ourselves as members of a larger community. This weekend culminated in an orgy of donations from Americans who have things to give to those who are needy. Mountians of clothing, food, water and much, much more have been donated. Hundreds, possibly thousands of gallons of blood have been donated, one pint at a time. Some folks have opened up their homes to strangers; others have paid for hotel stays on their credit cards.

    All of this hearkens to the America that I know and love. The America that does not worry what color skin the needy have, just worries that they needy get what they need. This is the America that send young men to Europe to die so that others would be free; so that the horrors of fascism would be ended. An America based upon the best in all of us. This America does not need to be told to sacrifice; it knows when it is time to give and does so with an open heart. It is a creedless, colorblind America.

    I call it America the Beautiful.

    For those of us Pagans out there, the Wildhunt Blog has the second Pagan Carnival up! This is a collection of some of the best Pagan blogging on the web for the past month. I was both surprised and humbled when Jason Pitzl-Waters emailed me a week or two ago to tell me he wanted to include me as a part of the Carnival, so yes, I am up there as well. Lilith Saintcrow is also there. I have to be very honest and tell you that I have not had a chance to read all the contributions but I have found that that the ones I have read are excellent. Clearly, my blogroll is going to be growing.

    It's a whole new week out there and I for one am very optimistic that we are going to be seeing more and more of the best parts of America in the coming weeks and less of the negative, hateful side of America. I will still blog the bullshit from this administration, but I am slowing down and taking it easy unless something extreme merits a rant.

    So go out and have a great week!

    Oh, yeah, he's still: Worst President Ever.
    |