AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Peace

(c) Andy Ternay
  • Memories of Spring

  • I know, I'm unrealistic, idealistic, I give aid and comfort to the enemy, I don't understand, and I'm not supporting the troops by saying this, but peace is always a better choice. The challenge to the truly spiritual is to respond to violence and hatred with love and peace. It does not mean rolling over and playing dead. It does not mean "lay back and enjoy it."

    It means doing the very hard work of insuring that violence is minimized, that harms to others are minimized, that you take responsibility for those hurt by your actions. That means setting aside self interest to care for others, to have empathy, and that is a difficult task and not one I am good at. I'm going to keep practicing.

    I have made a decision to turn my will and my life ovet to the care of the Goddess (or God, if you prefer) as I understand Her. What is my will and my life? My thoughts and actions. What is Her will for me? To be a light in a world of darkness. To do for others, not for myself. In every action I take, to try to not harm others.

    Imagine the world we would live in if corporations, governments and churches even tried to live this way. Even if they sucked at it like I do, if they just actively kept trying, over and over. Just imagine the world we would have.

    It is worth working towards.

    Your God be with you today, all through the day and keep you in Grace. Blessings.
    |