AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Friday, August 27, 2004

Random Thoughts

(c)Andy Ternay
  • Snow: something to wish for now that August has decided to start feeling like August.

  • Tonight I will get to give my sponsor her chip for staying sober nine years. That is quite an honor to be able to do that.

    This seems to be the morning of false starts. I have written several things and then deleted them. I had made a promise to myself to kind of just let what needs to be said be said here and not censor anything, but I really don’t want to look like a moron and what I had down was pretty much rambling garbage. Mornings are like that sometimes.

    So, here are some random observations:

    Photos
    I have taken to roaming everywhere I go with my digital camera. IMO, this is one of the best purchases I have made. It is nothing special, just a 3.2 megapixel Canon A70, but I love it. What I try to do is come up with some sort of image to fit the blog entry. So, if I wrote about my stormy relationship with my parents and you guys get to see a rain puddle with droplet of water striking it. I know that I often fail to find a relevant image and then I substitute what hopefully is at least a cool image. As much as possible, I am trying to use images I have taken. Since I never know what will be relevant, that means I take a lot of pictures.

    The great blessing to wandering the earth with a camera in hand is that you start training yourself to look for cool and wonderful things. The more I have looked for such things, the more I have found them. This world is full of interesting and beautiful things and noticing them gives me a childlike feeling of awe and wonder. That feeling reminds me of my Higher Power and helps me maintain a close relationship because I see Her in everything.

    On a lighter note, the internet can give one the impression that if you simply wander around with a camera in hand, women will show you their breasts. That is apparently a mistaken impression.

    Our Puppy, Zoey
    My coven does not practice animal sacrifice. This is a shame. If you are aware of anyone who does, please let me know because if she chews up one more thing or wakes me up at 3am barking at the dog door for no apparent reason . . . then I would consider donating her to the cause.

    Please note, the above is an expression of frustration only. I have no intention of harming any animal if I can avoid it, except the cooked cows on buns I tend to enjoy eating.

    Learning
    This blog thing is great. I am having to learn everything from how to take photos, to html (I own a mac so I have to code everything manually, although I am starting to write scripts), a little bit of layout . . . it is cool. However, I need to educate myself about dreamweaver, photoshop and other big programs and I can’t afford courses and don’t know what books are good, so I am a little frustrated there.

    Texas
    I have spent 30 years in this stupid state. I want to move. I am starting to be less picky about where.

    Good Morning Goddess Brigit, today looks to be a glorious day. I am one of Your alcoholic children, I am Andy. Thank You for the continued gift of sobriety. I am grateful for that gift. Blessed Be.
    |