AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Friday, July 23, 2004

Lonely Society

I have been browsing other blogs on various blog search engines. It is actually a little depressing to do so. We are a lonely society I guess. So many of the blogs seem to be oriented around loneliness, discontent, alienation. Things of that nature. It was surprising.

What was wierder was realizing that I did not share those feelings, at least not like I used to. Feelings like that used to consume me all the time. Now they don't. And it's not like I have given up the things that used to make me feel different, I am still outside the mainstream of my fellows in almost every viepoint and opinion I hold. Iam an alcoholic, pagan, liberal with anarchist leanings, left-handed, mac using, kilt wearing non-scottish freak.

But I still feel (most of the time) like I belong to the human race. I am a member of several tribes, the alcoholics, pagans, wiccans, liberals, mac users, kilt wearers. My feelings of alienation and being an outsider are only as great as I let them be. That's all there is to it.

To what do I credit this new attitude?

My relationship with a kind, loving Creatress whom I call the Goddess Brigit. You might know Her, You may call Her by one of Her other names: Isis, Diana, Astarte, Jesus, Jehovah, Allah, and so on and so on.

Thank You Goddess, for another wonderful gift!

Well, in the words of the Reverend Pat Robertson, I am off to practice Witchcraft and become a lesbian (or at least watch a couple in action, hopefully).
|