AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Morning Prayer

Good Morning Goddess Brigit, my name is Andy and I am an alcoholic artist. I have been kept sober since Imbolc 20012 by Your grace and Your grace alone. I’d like to take this moment to thank You, my Higher Power, for this, my daily reprieve. Today is a good day to be sober.

I want to surrender today to You. If I keep this day to myself, it will be a wasted day. If I give it to You, then You can use it in Your wisdom to serve others. I am not here to serve myself. I hope that I may be able to fulfill Your purpose for me.

Please, Great Mother, be with me today all through the day and help me stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will not mine be done. Inspire me to act and create in Your name. Be welcome in me and to me, body, heart, mind and soul.

Adjuva Brigittia!
Thank You!
Blessed Be!

That is one of my regular morning prayers. It helps me set the tone for my day, reminds me that I am unable to do this on my own. I cannot stay sober on my own, I need the help of the Goddess to do that. Left to my own devices, my brain will lie to me and tell me it is okay to take a drink of alcohol even though all past experience and events prove otherwise.

In order to stay sober, I have to call upon my Higher Power, the Goddess, to help me. She is greater than the obsession that somehow, some day, I will be able to enjoy and control my drinking. So I just give my desire to drink right on over to Her.

I guess I really should tell my story here. I will try to get that done over the next few days.
|