AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, June 06, 2004

So what do I want to do with this?

I think that what I most want out of a blog is a way of expressing my ideas on subjects I consider important. So, in no particular order:
*Religious Faith: personal and public
*Civil liberties
*Alternatives to capitalism: replacing the corporate state
*Human Rights
*Peace
*Environmentalism
*Paganism
*Love
*Sex
*Anarchy: the ideal form of government which we are not ready for

I am sure there will be some very personal issues and topics in here as well. Actually, none of the above has meaning outside a personal context.

Probably I should open this with a prayer.

Good Evening Goddess Brigit, my name is Andy and I am an alcoholic. I have been kept sober since 02/02/2001 by Your grace and Your grace alone. I'd like to take this moment to thank You, my Higher Power, for this my daily reprieve. Today has been a good day to be sober. Please be with me tomorrow all through the day and help me to stay sober all day long. Show me Your will for me and grant me the power to carry that out. Thy will, not mine be done. May all that I write here be of service to You and to those around me.

Thank You, Great Mother,

Blessed Be!

|