AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Monday, July 18, 2005

Back Again!

I'm back and blogging again. My wife is a again a blog widow. Actually, don't expect any really long posts from me for a while, just short and sweet for the moment. I am really, really grateful to all of my guest bloggers who came through wonderfully whilst I was gone. I still look like the walking dead which I think is incredibly cool.

Oh, just to let you know, this was the most expensive weekend of my life ever. Seriously. In addition to the $3,000 that I spent on myself medically, our air conditioner died. For those of you who don't live in Texas, air conditioning is not a luxury, it is a necessity. It's a long story, but for a long time I knew that the furnace/air handler was a jury rigged mess, that the guy who owned the house before us had screwed it up. Well, this A/C guy showed me how, due to improper installation, condensation was dripping onto live electrical connections. Seeing as how I never want to be burnt alive and feel the same about my wife, my baby, my dogs, cat and fish, I replaced it.

New airconditioner: $2450.00
New Furnace/Airhandler: $2390.00

Nope, this was not a cheap weekend at all...

But I'm grateful to be alive, to be sober, to be pain free in my left arm, to have a family as wonderful as I do, to have friends, like Beth, NYCPaganChick, Ender and El Capitan and all of the others who stopped by to wish me well or emailed me obscene photos that horrified my wife. Thank you all!

Prayers and thoughts for Doughgirl who has not posted since before my surgery. She has health issues too and she is a neat lady, seriously, take time to pray for her.
|