AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Friday, June 03, 2005

CIA Operative Who Killed Afghan Detainee Charged With Domestic Violence.

Why am I not surprised to read this? Of course he acted under the authority of President George W. Bush and the Central Intelligence Agency when he killed Abdul Wali, but good luck proving it. I don't think the President ordered him to hit his girlfriend though.

All I have to say is we have sown the seeds of violence, we reap the harvest of violence. Sad, but not surprising.

Further thought: I wonder if this man was this violent before he became a torturer for the United States of America? It has crossed my mind that torturing other human beings would likely have deleterious psychological effects on the torturer. Since I have no clinical psychiatric background, I will feel free to expound upon my ignorance by hazarding that two possible ways this could occur would be:

A. The torturer learns that s/he really gets off on hurting other human beings and when removed from situations where s/he can freely do so becomes depressed and angry that s/he can no longer harm others with impunity.

B. The torturer is unable to reconcile what they have done (under orders) with the person they imagine themselves to be. They react with depression, anger and shame.
|