AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Saturday, April 30, 2005

New Blog Friends

My arm hurts like hell when I type so this is very, very brief.

Recently in the blogosphere I have encountered two very remarkable female bloggers. The first is Faith from A Lumbering Soul. She is a recovering alcoholic who writes with a remarkable frankness about her life and her recovery. Faith has a great sense of humor which should serve her well in sobriety. I am very glad I encountered her blog. I laugh and cry at her posts.

The other is Lorraine. I don't know Lorraine very well at all; in fact I know her mostly through the fact that she posts at Daily Kos. She is an academic, an intellectual, a feminist and a very human woman. I find her writing compelling, direct and interesting. Her personal blog is Stregoneria, which doubtless means something deep and intellectual that I don't get. Lorraine strikes me as one of those women who I would find to be both profoundly attractive and incredibly intimidating all in one, so I enjoy her work from a distance.

Both of these women move me and make me think. Very different people; very cool people. You should visit them.
|