AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Delays in Doing the Twelve Steps Online



It has been a while since I have attempted step work online. There are a couple of reasons for this. First of all, my sponsor has been busy. She is in fashion design and has been frantically designing a line for the company she works for. This weekend it will be presented at a show, so she is a little behind and very busy. I’m doing okay so I have held off from doing step work with her while she is working. I understand being behind.

The amazing thing to me though is that if I need her, work or no work, Nici is there. It is that simple. Her sponsees are that important to her.

The other reason I have not posted any step work is that in order to complete step two online, I wanted to post the document I wrote, firing my old concept of God. The document did not translate into HTML at all, so I have to redo it so that it can appear online in a sensible form. Once I have done that, step two will be complete.

I had an idea, I know there are online AA groups and meetings, but the problem with those is that they either meet at a certain time (which means I tend to miss them) or they are kind of free flow ongoing. I was thinking that an online twelve step blog would be a good thing. Take a month going over each step and any alcoholic can add their thoughts to it or get a group of ten or twenty alcoholics and have it be only them. Discuss the Big Book, the 12&12 on each step and relate personal experiences. Ask questions and get answers. I think that would be a cool project to do and I think I will talk with my sponsor and see what she thinks of it.

In any case, I just wanted people to know I am still committed to doing the twelve steps online, I simply have had to delay doing so until a couple of things were cleared up for me.

|