AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Handling Baffling Situations

One of the challenges in for me is applying the principles I have learned in Alcoholics Anonymous outside of those rooms and outside of my coven. How do I apply spiritual principles at work?

To put it succinctly, not well.

Today I faced a situation where a call was transferred to me for tech support and at the end of the call the guy placed an order. I did not get the guy’s name when I spoke with him. I assumed my coworker T. got that information when she spoke to him.

So, I email an order to her, she looks up and says “Who actually ordered this?” and I don’t know. There she is, looking at me like I am an idiot. By now I don’t need any help to feel like an idiot. I can feel myself getting angry and it actually crosses my mind that I could just get up and go, walk out, get a different job. I am furious at her because she did not get that info.

Really, it is not her or the guy bugging me. I have a potentially much larger client who has to go on hold to deal with this. That is why I am rattled.

I paused. I did remember that I am powerless over others. I did turn some of it over to Her. Now I am letting it be. I have done what I can and I feel much better.

Its amazing the difference a pause can make. What a difference a Higher Power can make. What were those promises? We will intuitively know how to handle situations that used to baffle us.

Well, I still do not know who ordered, but I know they are coming Friday, so we can have it ready anyway.
|