AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Key Questions About Faith

Theology and mythology, as can be seen below, have both disappointed me. Yet, anyone who reads any of this will conclude that I am a man of faith, not as deep as I would like, not practicing it as well as I would hope, but my faith is there, it is real and it is important to me on a day to day basis. Also, I identify myself as a Wiccan, but have great skepticism about the mythology/theology of Wicca.

So, the questions to answer are, in no particular order:

Where does my faith come from?

Why identify with Wicca?

How do I practice my faith?

What is my relationship to the Goddess?

Why a Goddess? What’s wrong with a God?

Is there a God in my belief system?

Hell, I could spend my life answering these questions!

Okay, I can’t believe I actually wrote that last sentence. That is exactly what I am doing, spending my life answering these questions! Anything else is kind of a waste of time, because these are the things that really matter. Enough for now, I need a break.
|