AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Back In Touch With The Goddess

  • From the darkness into the light.

  • Time for me to thank my readers for all of the comments and advice. I read everything I get, whether in email or comments. I have an extraordinarily wonderful audience of readers and I do appreciate that.

    I did get to celebrate Lughnassadh yesterday; my wife and my baby joined me for a brief, informal and impromptu ritual. This was very touching to me because my wife does nto share my faith. That means she was there out of love for me. That means a lot to me.

    There is a big project that I have been working on with the help of several other people and it is slowly coming together. Intially we were trying for a June 1st launch, then a July 4th launch, then an August 1 launch, but little things like babies and surgery have prevented things from going as they otherwise would. So, if all goes well, I will unviel in September, around Mabon and the equinox.

    Oddly enough, in researching this post, I came across the first Wikipedia entry that I may challenge: the entry for Mabon. Whilst certainly accurate in details, the tone is resoundingly negative. In my nonexistent spare time I will edit this to be more neutral in tone and see if I cannot learn more about how the name Mabon was applied to the Autumn Equinox.

    Now, today Marine Corps Major Paul Hackett is in a special election in Ohio's district 2 for a seat in the House of Representatives. He is a Democrat, although, as befits a Democrat in a district that went for Bush by over 70% in 2004, he is fairly conservative. He volunteered to fight in Operation Iraqi Freedom and would be the first veteran of this war in Congress. So I am saying a prayer for him. The odds of victory are slim, but polling shows he is within five points of the Republican, Jan Schmidt. Schmidt's supporters have chosen the usual Rethuglican tactic: lie. They are questioning Major Hackett's service to his country (remember the Swift Boat Liars?). Prayers for Major Hackett.
    |