AS OF 9/22/05 THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE ACTIVE. YOU CAN VISIT ANDY'S NEW BLOG AT THE KILTED LIBERAL

Saturday, July 23, 2005

AAAARRGH!

I am so frustrated!!

First, my friend, El Capitan is in town and I am not up to driving an hour to see him. So I am missing that.

Second, my sponsor, N., is having a Masquerade party tonight. I am not up to snuff so I can't go for long but I am at least coming by the party. Now, since it is a Masquerade party, I have to come up with a costume. By coincidence, between having the baby and having surgery, I have not had time for a haircut, so my hair is-was-almost four inches long on top.

Perfect! I thought I will get my hair shaved to 1/2" everywhere except the middle, right? Then have that spiked for the masquerade party; have a four inch mohawk for 12 hours. Tomorrow I will go and get the spiked mohawk shaved down to 1/2" inch to match the rest of my head and come Monday, I will be all conservative and appropriate for work. Plus I will get some really cool pictures for the blog.

So I go into a hair salon and the lady either did not believe me when I said I wanted a mohawk or did not even know what a mohawk was but within ten seconds of hearing what I had to say, she had shaved the back of my head down to nothing. Well, at least I can do liberty spikes up top, right? She did not understand or whatever again. I think that in conservative Richardson TX she had no clue what I was talking about. Not at all.

My head is now 1/2" everywhere except for a round spot on top of my head which is 1" long. It isn't a mohawk, it isn't even remotely styleable.

I wanted to scream at her and call her a stupid bitch and walk out without paying.

But she obviously thought that she had done something very nice for me. She was all enthused and excited about how I could spike it, and it would look so "different." Honestly, deep down, she thought she had done what I wanted. Should I yell at her and make her feel like shit? I swallowed my anger and gave her a good tip and a smile and she said she hoped I had a great evening. She was all excited for me.

Great. 2:30pm. I need a nap desparately. I have to get a second haircut. l have no costume. And I am missing the good Capitan.

Man, I feel like shit. I just want to crawl in bed and sleep until I have to go to work on Monday.

AAAARRRGH! This sucks!
|